View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2015, 03:26 AM   #39
HSienzant
Philosopher

Robert,

You're still not dealing with the arguments I made.

You're dealing with strawmen of your own design.

Do try to rebut the points I made, not the ones you wish I made.

For example, you're rebutting the claim that Hill heard two shots at the end here:

Quote:
Your own star witness, Clint Hill, was very specific that he heard a SINGLE shot at the end;

"like the sound of shooting a revolver into something hard."

And this is from his testimony,

Mr. SPECTER. How many shots have you described that you heard?
Mr. HILL. Two.
Mr. SPECTER. Did you hear any more than two shots?
Mr. HILL. No, sir.

Obviously, he was not fooled into thinking he heard an additional shot at the end.
But I never made that argument. I argued that Hill, like Connally, heard two SOUNDS at the end, the sound of the final shot and the sound of the near-simulantaneous impact of that shot on the head.

I argued that here:

Quote:
Indeed, two of the closest witnesses, SS Agent Clint Hill and Governor John Connally, said precisely that, differentiating between the sound of the gunshot and the sound of the impact on the head, saying they heard both.
You ignored that.

I also pointed out that others also described hearing two loud sounds at the end of the shooting, and that the impact of a bullet on the skull might have been thought by them to be a near-simultaneous shot.

You ignored that as well.

I pointed out that Kellerman said the entire shooting took "five seconds, if that."

And that the known shots at approximately Z223 and Z313 are 4.9 seconds apart.

You ignored that as well.

You also dispute that Connally heard the sound of the final shot and the sound of the impact, but his words are clear he heard both and differentiated between each.

Quote:
Governor CONNALLY. ...then, of course, the third shot sounded, and I heard the shot very clearly. I heard it hit him. I heard the shot hit something, and I assumed again--it never entered my mind that it ever hit anybody but the President. I heard it hit. It was a very loud noise, just that audible, very clear.
He heard the shot; and he heard it hit. You simply deny he ever said that here:

Quote:
No sir, he did not. He said he heard ONE shot striking something hard, which was obviously, the skull.
He said he heard the shot, and the impact of the shot. "I heard the shot... I heard it hit"

I previously pointed out that others in Dealey Plaza said they heard two different sounds at the end of the shooting.

For example, Sam Holland, was quite clear that the two shots he heard at the end of the shooting sounded entirely different from each other.

Quote:
Mr. HOLLAND - I observed it. It knocked him completely down on the floor. Over, just slumped completely over. That second---
Mr. STERN - Did you hear a third report?
Mr. HOLLAND - I heard a third report and I counted four shots and about the same time all this was happening, and in this group of trees--[indicating].
Mr. STERN - Now, you are indicating trees on the north side of Elm Street?
Mr. HOLLAND - These trees right along here [indicating].
Mr. STERN - Let's mark this Exhibit C and draw a circle around the trees you are referring to.
Mr. HOLLAND - Right in there. (Indicating.)
There was a shot, a report, I don't know whether it was a shot. I can't say that. And a puff of smoke came out about 6 or 8 feet above the ground right out from under those trees. And at just about this location from where I was standing you could see that puff of smoke, like someone had thrown a firecracker, or something out, and that is just about the way it sounded. It wasn't as loud as the previous reports or shots.
Mr. STERN - What number would that have been in the----
Mr. HOLLAND - Well, that would--they were so close together.
Mr. STERN - The second and third or the third and fourth?
Mr. HOLLAND - The third and fourth. The third and the fourth.
Mr. STERN - So, that it might have been the third or the fourth?
Mr. HOLLAND - It could have been the third or fourth, but there were definitely four reports.
Mr. STERN - You have no doubt about that?
Mr. HOLLAND - I have no doubt about it.
Holland was also quite clear that he differentiated between the sound of the shot and the other sound, which he called a "report", and that those two sounds were quite close together.

Your claim that
Quote:
I have read every relevant testimony in the WC report and I can assure you than none of the limo passengers said anything that even remotely implies that they confused one shot as two.
Is just another strawman argument, as I never argued that either. I said the sound of the impact of a bullet on the skull, and the sound of the bullet being fired would be heard by the witnesses as two separate sounds, and those two sounds would fit the witnesses testimony that the final two shots were very close together.

Please deal with the points I made.

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top