View Single Post
Old 15th August 2015, 09:02 PM   #364
Jodie
Philosopher

All I've said about a whole divided into thirds and pi is that it isn't representative of the reality that we see. It indicates an infinite amount even though we apply them to concrete volumes. What I've said about the mathematical theories applied to light is also true, it doesn't adequately represent our experience of light.

Okay, now I'm getting in over my head with the mathematics so I'm open for correction but here goes: Try taking Godel's theorems of incompleteness as applied to human intelligence and extrapolate that to the near death experience. If the human mind is equivalent to a Turing Machine, which is finite, and if that analogy is consistent, then Godel's theorems of incompleteness would apply to the near death experience since it is a result of human intelligence. Therefore the existence of human intelligence existing after death is essentially undecidable using any kind of science based on mathematics ergo you can't use NDE research as evidence that there is no life after death.

Last edited by Jodie; 15th August 2015 at 09:09 PM.
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top