View Single Post
Old 15th August 2015, 09:13 PM   #366
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
All I've said about a whole divided into thirds and pi is that it isn't representative of the reality that we see. It indicates an infinite amount even though we apply them to concrete volumes. What I've said about the mathematical theories applied to light is also true, it doesn't adequately represent our experience of light.

Okay, now I'm getting in over my head with the mathematics so I'm open for correction but here goes: Try taking Goebel's theorems of incompleteness as applied to human intelligence and extrapolate that to the near death experience. If the human mind is equivalent to a Turing Machine, which is finite, and if that analogy is consistent, then Geobel's theorems of incompleteness would apply to the near death experience since it is a result of human intelligence. Therefore the existence of human intelligence existing after death is essentially undecidable using any kind of science based on mathematics ergo you can't use NDE research as evidence that there is no life after death.
The world is messy unlike the world of ideal forms described by mathematics. There are no perfect circles nor objects cut into equal thirds. This however doesn't stop us using mathematics as an essential tool in predicting the world.

While you take a forward step in admitting being out of depth why do you name drop concepts like Godels incompleteness theorems with zero argument for relevance?
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top