View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2017, 01:19 AM   #20
banquetbear
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Wayward son View Post
Not going to happen. What is going to take control is an increasingly authoritarian Trump government which will gain more and more support from the middle who will soon be demanding an end to senseless violence and disorder. These idiots make it much, much easier for Republican senators and congress members (as well as Democrats in republican heavy areas and states) to support whatever the Trump administration does.
...you haven't actually disagreed with anything I've said.

This relatively minor incident (in the grand scheme of things) is a propaganda boom for the Trump administration. And there are going to be more and more of them.

There is nothing we will be able to do to control (as you call them) "these idiots." They are going to do what they are going to do. The Trump regime are very very quickly dismantling the frameworks that once made "America Great." And the more they do this: the more helpless people will feel. Look at what they have done in a few days. Look at what they apparently have planned to come.

https://www.thenation.com/article/le...iscrimination/

Look at what they are doing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15G5VO

The decision to not use the word "Jews" in the Presidents statement on Holocaust Remembrance Day was important. Pence's choice to mention only Abe Lincoln in his statement at the start of Black History Month is important. They are making very clear signals to their nationalist allies exactly where they stand.

As people become more and more marginalised they will loose hope: and eventually they will break.

This isn't coming. It is already here. Yes: it is going to make it much easier for Republican senators and congress members (as well as Democrats in republican heavy areas and states) to support whatever the Trump administration does.

The question everyone needs to ask themselves is are you going to make it easier for the Trump Regime or harder for them? It is easy to point and laugh at the protestors, lament that they are making it harder for everyone, call them SJW's and snowflakes. You can signal boost this on behalf of the Trump regime if you wish.

Or you can call it as it is. A professional troll has taken his antics from the internet and is applying them in real life, and he got the angry reaction he was looking for.

The time will come in real life where you are going to have to pick a side. I'm going to throw my bit in with the opposition. I've made my choice. I do not advocate rioting. I do not advocate nor support destruction of property or hurting anybody. But I'm not going to be a pawn of the Trump Regime. And you guys shouldn't be pawns either.
banquetbear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top