View Single Post
Old 9th July 2017, 07:32 AM   #64
cow_cat
Mr. Parodied

I thought of this thread at work on Friday. For reasons too boring to go in to, I had to reboot an Inertial Navigation System a number of times. For those who don't know, you can think of an INS as three very accurate gyroscopes in a box, which can very accurately sense small amounts of movement or rotation. Using this movement or rotation information and knowing where you started from, it is possible to accurately track your movement so that you know where you are with a high degree of accuracy. Modern aircraft normally use a kalman-filter blended solution of GPS and INS information for navigation.

Without needing the GPS feed though, one of the things you can do with an INS is a Gyro-Compass align. This is where you sit the box stationary on a bench, apply power, issue a command to the INS, then after about 5 minutes the messages from the INS tell you which way is north, and what your Latitude is. It does this by sensing the very small movements of the box, which was stationary with respect to the lab bench it was placed on, but has moved due to the rotation of the earth around its axis.

Remember, this box is closed off to any other outside world inputs. The only way it can do what it does above is if the box is a) on a rotating planet, which is b) spheroid shaped. It equipment that is sensitive enough to provide direct experimental evidence of both of these facts, without requiring any external input.

Obviously this will make not a jot of difference to your average reality-denier. To them, I am a shill of the system and what I saw will range from "honest but deluded", to "completely fabricated". Of course, as this thread testifies, no methodology or theory will be forthcoming to counter any of my (or millions of other) observations of this system, and the "science" of flat-earth-ology will not advance or contribute meaningfully in any way.

Used to have another username, but I hated it.
cow_cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top