View Single Post
Old 10th July 2017, 08:55 AM   #70
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Erock View Post
YouTube has to be host to the dumbest people on the planet.
He's got loads of dumb videos. His latest is about the popular flat-earth claim that moonlight somehow sucks heat energy out of things; that it's a "cold light". He even does a poorly controlled experiment to "prove" it.

But that zooming in on the moon video has to be the crystal duh ascendancy. "Look how cool my camera is! I can make those distant trees look really close. Now watch me make the moon look really close! Ergo, the moon is really close!". I get the impression that he thinks that the farther away an object is, the less a zoom lens assembly can magnify it. As in, if it can magnify trees a mile away 50X, then it can only magnify something 240,000 miles away by maybe 2X. It's hard to tell just how spectacularly wrong he is because he never actually details his claim.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top