View Single Post
Old 19th October 2017, 11:33 PM   #257
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I well remember it. I also remember that there was an advert by one of the generation companies (I think Contact) telling us how they were so much more efficient now and were producing power at 4% less cost, all the while putting up the prices almost monthly.
Yep, my power bills more that doubled in six years despite the fact that I used about 20% less kWh over the same period. Electricity charges in NZ are a rort.

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I also agree that they should have come out and given the 1-2c figure at the time, even if they noted that they hadn't determined exactly where that would be between the two. It gave their opponents a lot of ability to attack them whereas had they put it out there at the time, they'd have stopped a lot of speculation and damage. That I actually had to write to the party to get some details was a stupid move on their part.
I reckon its a dead duck now anyway. Winston has almost certainly killed the irrigation charges side of it, but will be happy to continue with the idea of charging exporting water bottlers.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top