View Single Post
Old 13th July 2018, 06:37 PM   #210
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
I actually agree with you. I think that Trump probably is mentally unsound on some level.
The question to me then becomes...do we just ride this out and accept no one intervening at all?

If General Eisenhower (or someone like that) left a "In case a Hitler happens here" contingency plan for how the military should deal with it for future generations, is that ok if Trump's not really Commander in Chief?

Not to go all Q-anon-like with the "deep state", but the Navy has twice now behaved (and now tweeted!) in a way that looks to me like the military has probably temporarily almost completely detached itself from the executive branch. Like, they're just going to lay low and wait it out and then go back to normal with the next POTUS.

Yes, I know that sounds insane, but that's kinda how it looks, and I'm more than open to debunking.