View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 06:23 PM   #379
Itchy Boy
Muse

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Australia and Canada share probably better than 90% of the same constitutional arrangements. And much the same with most other Commonwealth countries including the UK. We have far more similarities than we have a few paltry differences. Particularly when it comes to the Queen being Head of State, we have exactly the same setup as Canada including almost the same constitutional wording.

And yet somehow the Queen has these Darth Vader-like powers that she silently but powerfully wields over us and our kangaroos and wombats. Just like she does over you and your moose and beaver. These concerns take up a lot of her day, I expect. Don't you think she would be far more concerned with what is happening with Brexit than all that? Because she isn't doing any force chokes on the silly Brit politicians who are in the process of carelessly collapsing her own country's economy if not whole way of life. Don't you think it's time she stopped worrying about the state of our affairs on the other side of the world and attended to her own back yard? Because, according to you, she and the Bilderbergs has these immense powers on tap, so she could quite conceivably use them to stop the rot! So why hasn't she?
Norman, I'm not going to debate a subject I know nothing about regardless of how similar their arrangements might be.

Only the small secrets need to be protected. The large ones are kept secret by public incredulity. - Marshall McLuhan
Itchy Boy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top