View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 09:01 PM   #391
Itchy Boy
Muse

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Yes, and...

Is that it? Anybody with powers does use them I doubt that anybody would disagree. Just as nobody disagrees that the Canadian constitution contains the words you cited. The world would be unworkable otherwise. What would be the point of Police without powers? Or Parliaments, Or elections (people power)? Or Company Boards (often rich people)?

Of course, you are not using the use of power as the abuse of power, the misuse of power, the illegal use of power, or the covert use of power are you?

Norm
Yes, that's it. Other's have avoided answering because they don't want to agree with me on anything, no matter what. I suspect you have now instilled some bravery into them, so they might answer as you did.

That's 'it' because I'm not debating the use of her power since there's no direct evidence of it. I said my common sense tells me people use their power. So I can believe she uses her power without making a claim that she does. A claim requires evidence. Since there's none, common sense is all that's left with which to form an opinion about whether The Crown uses its power.

So, to get back to the real topic of whether the Queen actually possess top power in Canada, have a look at Post 366 on page 10.

Only the small secrets need to be protected. The large ones are kept secret by public incredulity. - Marshall McLuhan
Itchy Boy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top