View Single Post
Old 26th April 2019, 11:32 AM   #121
Cabbage
Banned

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Claim: Trump is especially catastrophic.

Counter-Claim: Trump is no more catastrophic than other politicians.

Case Study: Disaster preparedness and response, specifically hurricanes.

---

If Trump isn't unique in this regard, why even bother to complain?
That's just silly. First of all, I don't recall ever saying that Trump was "unique" in his greater likelihood of screwing up in catastrophic way. What I said was catastrophic results are probabilistically much more likely with incompetence such as Trump's--it's happened before with GWB, as I acknowledged days ago. If you disagree and continue to think I claimed "uniqueness" I invite you to post a link where I said such a thing.

Even so: "Why even to bother to complain"? Seriously???? You don't have to be unique in your incompetence and corruption to be worth complaining about, and I can't believe I have to explain that to an adult (assuming you are an adult). If other presidents suck as bad as Trump that does not mean we shouldn't complain about Trump sucking. How can you not realize this???

According to your "logic" once a president sets the bar so low, no subsequent president is worth complaining about until he "uniquely" lowers the bar EVEN MORE. If a president, for example, embezzles $1,000,000 from the treasury, we can't complain when future presidents steal <=$1,000,000 because he's not "unique".

But sure, I'm going to tell my friend that he's not the only one suffering from cancer and therefore he has no right to complain. GTF outta here with that "argument".

For what it's worth, I like to call this behavior TIS: Trump Infatuation Syndrome.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top