View Single Post
Old 21st April 2012, 07:48 AM   #222
annnnoid
Banned

Originally Posted by Roboramma View Post
That's not an answer. Please be specific.

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, smells like a duck, and quacks like a duck… is it a duck?

"...I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you..."

IOW….why it is impossible to describe an accurate understanding of the unintelligibility of unintelligibility?

For a further discourse on the matter…go down the nearest rabbit hole (remember to bring your red and blue pills).

But in all fairness…there are horizons beyond which our vision requires a different variety of vision. I wonder if a sufficiently advanced HLMI might be capable of adding a sunny post-script to Russell’s gloomy prognosis:

“Brief and powerless is man’s life; on him and all his race the slow sure doom falls pitiless and dark. Blind to good and evil, reckless of destruction, omnipotent matter rolls on its relentless way.”

As things currently stand...the only AI postscript would seem to be 'I will now fireball you to death!"

My prediction is that Apple will leap to the AI forefront with the introduction of the IMe (for which I will have received a $200M copyright payment)...which will be shipped with its own birth certificate and Social Security Number. IMe #1 will reincarnate the essence of Steve Jobs and be installed as the CCEO of MegaAppleCorp. MegaAppleCorp will buy out Google, Facebook, Ebay, Microsoft, Groupon, Intel, Walmart, China, and Martha Stewart, and institute one-world proprietary government after setting up a new tax-free HQ on a suitable banana republic third world Caribbean Island (...say...Turks and Caicos).

ETA…and further…we will all be hardwired to our IPhone '0' (they forgot that number…the metaphysical equivalent of ultimate space-time) at which point life will become ‘app-functional’. The ultimate ‘killer-app’ will be ‘HAPPINESS….NOW!’. Dial it up… and drift away on oceans of Apple bliss (legal drugs….yay!) ‘Time’ in App(le)-World will be everywhere-now and everyone will be able to commune with Steve Jobs contemporaneously (or some equivalently big sounding meaning) and feel like they are ‘the one’.. There….a sunny postscript!

Last edited by annnnoid; 21st April 2012 at 08:09 AM.
annnnoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top