Thread: [Continuation] The Trump Presidency: Part 19
View Single Post
Old 31st December 2019, 12:48 PM   #148
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Even for those "see an armed good guy did stop it" moments that occasionally occur, the problem with playing it up (especially the part that leans towards embracing the idea of joe rando with a CCW) is that only ends with a future headline about a confused 8-way shooting with dozens of casualties.
There’s a name for that: Friendly Fire.

It sometimes happens with well-trained military troops. It sometimes happens with well-trained police officers. And no doubt it will sometimes happen with armed civilians, well-trained or otherwise.

And yet it seems like the alternative is to allow a shooter to just methodically execute as many as he can. God forbid I ever find myself in such a situation unarmed, I certainly hope another armed civilian will give their best shot at stopping the carnage. But if I am armed, I’ll do my very best not to screw the pooch and injure or kill an innocent bystander.