View Single Post
Old 4th October 2019, 01:57 PM   #148
tazanastazio
Thinker

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
Nope. Your possibilities are hopelessly restricted, which is surprising given your desire to consider infinites.

A) Something caused the cause of the universe
B) Nothing caused the cause of the universe
C) The universe doesn't have a cause
D) The universe has a cause, but that cause doesn't have a cause
E) I don't know, but people far more intelligent than me are devoting their lives to finding out
F) I don't know, and nobody is doing anything to find out more
G) None of the above

If my life depended on it, I'd pick E with a side of C.

None of those quotes address anything I said, nor make any kind of commentary on what you chose to bold in my answer.
You got to read between the lines;

as in...

A) Something caused the cause of the universe - The Universe was formed from within the Infinite.
B) Nothing caused the cause of the universe - The cause of the Universe is the Infinite.
C) The universe doesn't have a cause - It always existed in one form or another, as a part of the Infinite.
D) The universe has a cause, but that cause doesn't have a cause - The cause of the Universe is the Infinite.
E) I don't know, but people far more intelligent than me are devoting their lives to finding out - Searching in vain, following a step by step infinite reversal, which simply points to the Infinite); the Infinite has no end, no beginning, no limits and no gaps.
F) I don't know, and nobody is doing anything to find out more - Because they realize they cannot follow a step by step infinite reversal, which simply would lead to the Infinite; the Infinite has no end, no beginning, no limits and no gaps.
G) All of the above - There are infinite possibilities within the Infinite, as to how the Universe could have come to be; the sure thing is, that the Universe somehow came to be out of the Infinite.

If my life depended on it, I'd pick E with a side of C.
Now that you've added your input; and I, responding to your input, added mine; I'd go with G).

Last edited by tazanastazio; 4th October 2019 at 02:12 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top