View Single Post
Old 6th March 2006, 05:46 PM   #299
Luke T.

Originally Posted by KellyJ View Post
There's a few things I would like to have.

1) A dialog between a missing person family and a psychic that shows the methods the psychic uses to extract information and convince the family that they really do have paranormal abilities.
I think you would be better situated to come up with what kind of sales pitch a psychic makes to the family of a missing person. I'm kind of curious myself. It must take incredible nerve for someone to initiate contact with a grieving family.

Quote:
3) An article about the tricks used by TV psychics: what really goes on behind the scenes
We can only speculate what goes on behind the scenes on a TV show.

Quote:
4) I don't know much about Remote Viewing, so I'd like an article about what that is and why it's another false claim
An excellent article on Skeptic Report that I mentioned earlier: http://www.skepticreport.com/psychics/psitechsmart.htm

Kelly, I told you in a PM that every time I hear of a psychic on the news being given any credibility, I write to the reporter or editor of the story to give them hell.

I am going to link to a topic on Skeptical Community in which I used some pretty strong language, so you are forewarned.

The topic is here, and I deconstruct the story that was on the news, and then post what I wrote to the reporter.

If you would like me to write a short article about this story to show how the media allows itself to be manipulated and gives psychics validity, as well as an excellent example of how it makes it look like even law enforcement is validating the psychic, I'd be very happy to do so.

ETA: It appears that the Fox web site removed the video which I make reference to. Fortunately, I copied some of the transcript into my post in the aforelinked topic.
Luke T. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top