View Single Post
Old 8th August 2003, 12:39 AM   #23
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

A few points (some already made):

This woman was not at any time dead. Death is per definition an irreversible condition. She was, however, for the purpose of the operation, placed in a condition that clinically was almost indistinguishable from death.

I do not know how the procedures of that hospital, but it is a very normal procedure to go through the operation in great detail with patients that are about to undergo complex, risky operations. Till such time as it is documented that this did NOT happen in this case, I will assume that her detailed knowledge of the operation was due to the pre-op briefing she probably received.

Hallucinating and experiencing disrupted time-flow is quite normal for post-operative patients. I am sure all the things she report was actually percieved by her, but a patient waking up from brain surgery is not exactly what you would call a reliable whitness.

Hans