View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2015, 08:53 AM   #340
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Can someone explain something to me please?

Here is a quote from Tony:

If I look at the individual points in Chandler's graph I posted above, I see both an increase and decrease between plotted points. Is Tony ignoring the fact that at some points the roofline SLOWED down compared to some of the previous plotted points? Is this why he and others insists on using the AVERAGE of those points in order to avoid the truth hidden in the graph?
The graph is of velocity against time, so a deceleration would show as a point being above the previous point. So far as I can see (show me an example if I'm wrong, please) each point is either at the same level or at a lower level than the previous point, so there is no actual deceleration, though the acceleration (given by how much each point is below the one before it) varies quite a bit, particularly at the beginning of the graph where Tony claimed the acceleration was constant.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top