View Single Post
Old 12th January 2021, 01:20 PM   #302
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HansMustermann View Post
Well, I'm also quite interested to see anything even vaguely resembling an intelligent answer to that. I haven't seen one yet, but here's to hope : p
This might be where the vaguely-defined omni-god comes into play.

I don't know if it's Yahweh exactly, but I think Aquinas was on the right track. It's probably some kind of omni-god. So I'm going to wager on a generic version and hope for the best.

- GDon, maybe?

But this tends to fall foul of dejudge's objection. Christian doctrine is pretty clear about having to believe specific things about a specifically-described deity. Nobody's getting into Christian heaven on a "well I believed in some form of omni-god, and you're some form of omni-god, so I guess I believed in you the whole time, huh?" technicality.

I haven't checked lately, but I bet Allah feels the same way. The Generic Omni-God might be okay with it, but what are the odds that GDon has guessed right about that? Not good enough odds to be worth betting on, in my opinion.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top