View Single Post
Old 11th April 2012, 08:13 PM   #1888
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

Originally Posted by DOC View Post
It doesn't say will start soon, it says will come to pass soon. A thousand year reign can not come to pass soon so this implies the come to pass shortly applies to other things such such as things John wrote will happen to the 7 churches he immediately started to talk about.
Even if we were to allow this goal post to be shifted unchallenged those things never came to pass for the 7 Churches. However "All these things shall soon come to pass" seems pretty straight-forward to me.

Originally Posted by DOC
Plus the fact Christ said go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
Sure. Why don't you try sharing the gospel with a hungry gator and report back to us how interested they are in hearing it?

Originally Posted by DOC
There are millions of people living today who have never heard the gospel.
[sarcasm]Oh gee if only someone would invent a magical communications tool that connect billions of living breathing humans together so they could share thoughts and ideas over vast distances even in third world countries like the Internet does.[/sarcasm]

Originally Posted by DOC
And the official recognized bible of the church was not determined until 398 A.D. at the Council of Carthage by hundreds of bishops. This is about 300 years after John wrote Revelation. Those bishops could have simply dropped Revelation from the bible if they were concerned about the "come to pass shortly" wording written 300 years earlier. They must have not been that concerned because the many bishops chose to include Revelation as part of the official cannon of the Church.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Revelation almost didn't make it into the Bible?

Last edited by Mudcat; 11th April 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Mudcat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top