View Single Post
Old 12th April 2012, 05:50 AM   #1900
Lamuella
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Has anyone ever actually seen DOC and Bill Clinton in the same place at the same time?

I mean, is the following not "DOC-worthy"?

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

Spooky, eh?
in defense of Clinton, I actually understand what he was going for here. He was talking about whether the statement "There is nothing going on between me and ms lewinsky" could be truthful if he was not carrying on an affair with her at the time he said that, even if he had done so in the past. A dishonest thing to say, to be sure, but not as logic-chopping as it is made out.
Lamuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top