Thread: Khan Academy
View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:29 AM   #43
majamin
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by kevinquinnyo View Post
Preface: I don't work for the Khan Academy. I just had to say that, because I post about it so often.

Here's an idea: Can the JREF emulate the style of the Khan academy videos to teach people specifically about critical thinking, debunking of conspiracy theories, homeopathic "medicine," intelligent design, etc, etc...

[snip]

What do you think?
In lieu of JREF creating its own line of videos there are many youtube users that have taken on the skeptical front with great videos. Users Qualiasoup, TheraminTrees, c0nc0rdance for purely skeptical topics ... vsauce, minutephysics, asapscience, and Brian Dunning (inFact videos) for a "softer" approach on misconceptions, etc.

To add to this, my honest opinion is that Khan Academy style lessons on these topics would be doing a disservice to the plethora of interesting videos that are already out there.