View Single Post
Old 26th November 2021, 01:10 PM   #1931
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Google Maps gives the distance from Via della Pergola (the cottage address, but offset from the actual cottage location) to Via Sperandio 5 (the Biscarini family address was Via Sperandio 5 - bis, meaning the second #5) as 950 meters and walking time on the outside the wall path as 15 minutes. The time on an interior path is given as 14 minutes.

Now the above distance and times in reality are somewhat greater, because the cottage is actually on Viale Saint Antonio, just beyond its intersection with Via della Pergola.

Source: https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Via+d...9!2d43.1212808
My friend who walked the path said she entered the park just around the corner from his house (in my pictures above) and walked to its end which is very close to the cottage. She said it was easy to then go up to the cottage under the trees so she never had to walk on a road.

It makes sense to me that is how Guede would have left without being seen. No one would be walking that path on a cold November night.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top