View Single Post
Old 24th November 2012, 09:30 PM   #57
StankApe
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevin_Lowe View Post
Forums like this attract a disproportionate number of people who are in the top 0.1% of the population. Odds are decent that you aren't the smartest person in the room even on your best days. Plus being lazy, drunk and depressed means these aren't your best days.

I'm serious about the laziness bit. Check the quote in my sig file: I believe it to be a true fact about the universe. IQ test smarts are all well and good but if you haven't combined them with a serious, long-term effort to think well you're just a talented amateur.

She might. It's been referred to by Newton as "standing on the shoulders of giants". Natural talent is no substitute for cribbing from generations of people as smart as you or smarter who worked very hard to understand the topic.
I don't feel like getting into it with you. But trust me , she doesn't. (I've read enough of her posts to know)

ETA: and I would say I'm actually more hopeless than lazy, I make a serious effort, but it usually ends up horribly

Last edited by StankApe; 24th November 2012 at 09:36 PM.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top