View Single Post
Old 10th November 2019, 01:00 PM   #1477
Shadowdweller
Muse

Originally Posted by Max_mang
And does any of this excuse imprisoning non-violent people, stripping them of basic humanity, strapping them down and tasing them? Also, under what discrete democratic process was all of that voted in?
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Could you then indicate which part you were responding to - because as far as my comprehension goes it didn't answer any part of the post.
EDIT: Sorry, that was wholly unnecessary. No, the legal requirements that citations be signed by the offender have NOTHING to do with (i.e. do not excuse) inhumane treatment of the individual or individuals arrested. But they do stipulate that an individual who refuses to sign may or must be arrested. Which presumes a certain minimum level of violence if the offender is resisting.

It should have been clear to anyone who bothered to read it that I was not responding to anything beyond the legal requirements of citations in post 1471.

Last edited by Shadowdweller; 10th November 2019 at 01:29 PM.
Shadowdweller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top