View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 01:42 AM   #6
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

What happened in the case of the Kahui Twins was a ******* disgrace (and it looks like the same thing is happening in this current one, where the whole family closes shop to protect the person who committed the crime)

I would hate to see the right to silence removed, but alternatively, I would like to see the police able to get a High Court order to hold all of the family in custody under a material witness order, and to charge all of them with obstruction of justice... first to talk gets to walk, provided that they were not the guilty party.

The application for a MWO in this type of extraordinary case would have to be heard before a panel of three High Court judges, and the Police would have to show that the family group concerned are refusing to co-operate to help find the person responsible, and are acting to protect that person from justice.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 17th February 2020 at 03:30 AM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top