View Single Post
Old 10th October 2013, 03:04 PM   #319
indio007
New Blood

Well well well quite the hornet's nest. You fell for the bait. I was waiting for you all to fall all over each other. There is a lot more data than what I posted.

First of all I'm at quite the disadvantage because I can't post links or images.

Secondly I said Jet A does not explode at sea level.

Thirdly Are you all afraid to post Handshuh's photo? It's an image of the impact site from directly below it. There is a 75 ft column of flame shooting into the direction the plane came from. This is an explosion , not a flashover over the fuel.

Fourth, 75 milijoule ignition is a red herring. A 20 joule spark immersed in Jet A will not ignite it. Go read Spark Ignition Energy Measurements in Jet A Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories
California Institute of Technology.
see figure 21

They stopped testing at 20 joules out of futility of trying to get Jet A to ignite via an immersed spark.

Stop making an ass of yourselves with logical falacies. The data is extensive.
1. There WAS an explosion at the moment of plane impact.
2. The explosion could not have been caused by the plane fuel

That's the only fact necessary, you don't need 2, 4 , 6 or 80044 facts to prove the official conspiracy theory is flawed.

I suggest you read

FIRE AND EXPLOSION MANUAL
FOR
AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT INVESTIGATORS
Joseph M. Kuchta

JET A EXPLOSION EXPERIMENT:
LABORATORY TESTING
NTSB
Caltech

Summary and Conclusions of Explosion Research Team
M. Birky (NTSB), J. Kolly (NTSB), J. E. Shepherd (CIT), P. A. Thibault (CDL), M. R. Baer (SNL),
K. van Wingerden (CMR), J. E. Woodrow (UNR), J. C. Sagebiel (DRI)
Introduction
A team of researchers contributed to the TWA 800 accident investigation by carrying out a research
program on issues connected with the explosion of Jet A (aviation kerosene) vapors.

Quote:
The measured peak pressure rises recorded during our experiments were between 1.5 and 4 bar (20
to 60 psi), sufficient to cause failure of structural components inside the CWT of a B-747 aircraft

Structural Response
1. Structural failure modeling. The CWT is a typical modern airplane structure and consists of a large number of individual components such as stringers, stiffeners, and panels held together with rivets and removable fasteners.
Even if there was an explosion, do you think the WTC blew apart from a 60 PSI shockwave?

Jet A Explosions and TWA Flight 800 Investigation
Aviation Kerosene (Jet A) Research at Caltech

Quote:
What makes jet fuel explosive?
The liquid fuel is not explosive by itself. Explosive conditions are created when the fuel evaporates and mixes with the air in a partially empty tank. The evaporated fuel is referred to as fuel vapor. The fuel vapor consists of fuel molecules that have escaped from the liquid fuel and form a gas in the volume (ullage) above the liquid in the bottom of the fuel tank.
Jet A Explosion Experiments:
Laboratory Testing
Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories
California Institute of Technology
Quote:
The leaner the mixture, the lower the flame speed.
Near the flammability limit, the flame speed decreases to about 4 to 5 cm/s. There is no data available in the literature on Jet A flame speeds other than a range of 0.3 to 0.6 m/s quoted in CRC (1983).
The compare all this to the Bagram crash of a fully fueled plane with JP8.
The WTC smoke mushroom cloud reaches over 1/2 mile in diameter in less than 30 seconds and eventually is over a mile wide.

The dynamics of the WTC crash explosion do not match experiment OR real world data.

No amount of word smithing and logical fallacies are going to fix this.

PS enough with the omission of time in energy comparisons (and every other comparison) such as the "energy of XXX pounds of TNT". It means nothing. The rate at which the energy is released os the substantial comparison.

Last edited by indio007; 10th October 2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: composition
indio007 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top