View Single Post
Old 30th June 2019, 03:37 PM   #39
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by luchog View Post
New Zealand may be a progressive paradise where everyone loves everyone else and they sit around singing old showtunes all day; but if you ever pull your head out of the sand and look at the rest of the world, I guarantee you you'll see just how idiotic that comment was.

Want to take a guess at how many black people and indigenous people are murdered by police every year in the US? And how many police actually face consequences for doing so? Want to take a guess how many immigrant children are still kept in cages, deprived of even the most basic hygiene and humanity? Did you miss the US Government effectively removing all civil rights protections for transpeople, and pushing to do so for LGBTQ people and women? Want to take a guess how many countries there are in the world were being LGBTQ is a capital offense?

Oh wait, you had that shooting thing there. I guess you forgot about that. Might want to look it up, to refresh your memory.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
So to get this right you are saying US police all are....

Quote:
....an enemy who does not even acknowledge your humanity, who would be perfectly happy to kill you or otherwise make it so that you simply do not exist in their world,
And your post was about the US

I am perfectly aware there are some dodgy places in the world, but don't try to shift the goal posts
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top