View Single Post
Old 16th July 2018, 03:45 AM   #76
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JTF View Post
Henriboy either purposely left out or had no earthly idea that Bernie Segal didn't put up much of a fuss regarding the qualifications of Shirley Green. Her reputation within the offices of the FBI was of a HIGHLY qualified lab technician who could take on any task required of her.
http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF has an unjustified high opinion of Shirley Green of the FBI, and her credentials and qualifications. The matter was discussed at a Bench Conference, where the jury were not informed, during the MacDonald trial in 1979:

http://www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.c...-10_green.html

Quote:
B E N C H C O N F E R E N C E

MR. MURTAGH: Your Honor, Ms. Green, although she probably is qualified based on her education and experience --

THE COURT: (Interposing) You did not undertake to qualify her --

MR. MURTAGH: (Interposing) No, sir.

THE COURT: -- as an expert in anything. You told what her educational qualifications were. But I was not asked for any ruling on that.

MR. MURTAGH: No, sir. And I merely asked her what she did and whether the photographs accurately depicted what she did. I asked her no opinions on anything.

MR. SEGAL: As a matter of fact, she said, Your Honor, "This is the way it could be on the body."

THE COURT: Let me ask you this now: just in all fairness, can't you ask your questions without interjecting stuff like "pseudo-expert" and "purported expert" and so forth? I don't think that is fair.
And let me tell you something else, too: I don't say this because I am trying to run your lawsuit -- I am not sure that you are helping your own case when you do that. This is just an observation from this Bench which you may or may not give any weight to at all.
But it just occurred to me that you can ask questions of a witness who is not qualified as an expert without incorporating that kind of language in your questions.

MR. SEGAL: I don't believe I referred to this lady in this regard, Your Honor. I must say the only time that I have said that was in reference to Mr. Stombaugh.

THE COURT: Well, you said -- you asked "purported."

MR. SEGAL: I don't think -- it may be ill chosen.

THE COURT: That is not as strong as "pseudo."

MR. SEGAL: I agree.

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 16th July 2018 at 03:53 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top