View Single Post
Old 8th September 2018, 03:09 AM   #304
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JTF View Post
Mitchell also signed statements for the CID and FBI denying any involvement in the murders, and he passed a polygraph exam administered by CID Hall of Famer Robert Brisentine.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
Polygraphs are not used as evidence in the UK because they are not considered reliable, I believe there are some states in America where polygraph evidence can be presented to a court, and it is not inadmissible, like perhaps Arizona. As far as I can remember, Brisentine was suspicious about the polygraph of Helena Stoeckley and Cathy Perry, but for some reason he gave Mitchell a pass. To my mind, if I was in Brisentine's shoes I would consider Mitchell's answers to be a load of bollocks. How many people in their twenties go to bed at 9p.m. without some very good reason? From that 2012 evidentiary hearing:

Quote:
ANSWER: I DON'T KNOW. THAT IS A LONG TIME BACK.1 QUESTION: WHERE WERE YOU LIVING AT THAT TIME? 2 AND THE ANSWER IS HE WAS AT -- AND IT'S REDACTED --3 IN EVERGREEN ESTATES IN FAYETTEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA.4 WITH WHOM WERE YOU LIVING AT THAT TIME IS THE NEXT5 QUESTION. 6 AND THE ANSWER, WITH MY PARENTS. A FRIEND WOULD7 ALSO STAY WITH ME. HIS NAME IS DON HARRIS. EARLIER I HAD8 BEEN LIVING WITH HIM IN A TRAILER NEAR MURCHISON ROAD WITH A9 GUY NAMED RICK TAYLOR. AND MURCHISON ROAD BEING IN10 FAYETTEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA. 11 WITH WHOM WERE YOU ASSOCIATING ABOUT THAT TIME? 12 HELENA STOECKLEY, CATHY SMITH, CHARLIE BROWN AND13 J.C. CONKLIN. HELENA WAS MY GIRLFRIEND. I KNOW THAT HELENA14 WAS NOT WITH ME ON THE NIGHT OF THE MURDERS OF THE MACDONALD15 FAMILY.16 QUESTION: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT SHE WAS NOT WITH YOU17 ON THAT NIGHT?18 ANSWER: I REMEMBER TALKING TO HER ABOUT IT THE NEXT19 DAY OR SHORTLY AFTER IT HAPPENED.20 Q. MAY WE HAVE THE NEXT PAGE. TOP HALF, PLEASE. IF YOU21 WOULD CONTINUE.22 A. THE NEXT QUESTION, WHERE WERE YOU THAT NIGHT?23 ANSWER: I DON'T KNOW. I WAS USUALLY HOME IN BED BY24 9:00 P.M. AT MY FOLKS' PLACE. I HAD TO BE AT WORK EARLY.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top