View Single Post
Old 26th June 2020, 07:55 PM   #40
marting
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
It looks like we're about to see how unhindered transmission of Covid goes. USA, India, Brazil, Mexico and many others are returning wildly increasing infections and don't have any more lockdowns to give.

I think the next couple of months may make the first three months look quite tame.
I think otherwise. At least in the USA. There's been a big shift towards the younger crowd out having fun at bars. Older folks are still being cautious for the most part. Very different from the early days where a lot of the cases were older people who probably get a more serious case, spread it more easily, and didn't know the consequences at the time.

Now they do. Fewer going to church. Singing in choirs, or playing bingo indoors.

That said, there will still be some crossover where younger people infect their elders. But I believe that will create a smaller death spike than we saw a few months back. Not to say it won't be significant. I expect it will. Just less than the initial spike. And we also have a small benefit from pharmaceuticals. Maybe 25% less deaths between the two known effective agents.