Thread: Choice 2020.
View Single Post
Old 4th November 2020, 12:49 AM   #13
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Do I believe the US is inevitably collapsing, like the Roman empire during its decline? No. But fixing everything from health care and significant income inequality, to the justice system and police force, to its crumbling infrastructure, to the damaged foreign relations, will take time and political effort, not to mention large amounts of money, which is a problem given the US' towering debt, which is apparently expected to become unmanagable by 2050. And that's before I even get into the dumbing-down and polarisation of American society, and the drift into a post-fact world where rational, unifying public discourse is all but impossible in the first place.

Honestly, if the trumpkins want to destroy their country this badly, and the opponents are so horrible, they should just let the blue states secede and leave the red states to rot. I'm thinking all the west coast states. Sacramento or San Fransisco could become the capital of the Blue States of America. Or maybe Seattle. I like Seattle.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top