Thread: Choice 2020.
View Single Post
Old 4th November 2020, 07:18 AM   #14
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
I compare it with other countries. Yes, GDP will rise over time, but that could be due to inflation, or population size.
Ummm... per capital GDP doesnít increase due to population increase. Itís per capita. Do you not know what that means? And the increase includes inflation adjustment.

Quote:
Singapore, Ireland, Norway, Kuwait, Hong Kong, Switzerland all have larger GDPs per person and have populations over 1 million and in 2002, when I first looked, the USA was number 3 and wealthier than these other countries.
Millions vs hundreds of millions. Yeah, they are all small.

Quote:
It is also handling Covid 19 very badly. Trump may be a joke of a President, but I suggest he is only a symptom of the problem rather than a cause. The rot started long before him.
Moving the goalposts, I see. Understandable, given your previous claim collapsed in flames. But I wonder how you account for European infections soaring past the US lately?
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top