View Single Post
Old 11th November 2020, 10:12 AM   #206
Egg
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
I don't think it's quite that simple. There are many wealthy individuals who are highly displeased with the influence of wealthy corporations over policy and government. And there are many wealthy individuals who are opposed to things they believe will be more likely under Democratic leadership: wealth transfer beyond what they feel is reasonable, welfare state economic approaches, increased government surveillance and censorship - especially with respect to the internet, 'special rights' as opposed to 'equal rights'.

Whether you agree that those are more likely under Democrats than Republicans is irrelevant - many conservatives believe it to be so.
Okay, I can see that. Yes, these would be people where there's a value judgement that I just disagree with - that certain economic issues outweigh everything else that comes with a Trump administration. Maybe some denialism in there too, though.

"That's the thing with eggs: It's all about chicks and getting laid." - Wuschel
"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg" - Samuel Butler
“When arguing with a stone an egg is always wrong” - African proverb
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” - Bernard Meltzer
Egg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top