View Single Post
Old 11th November 2020, 02:10 PM   #208
Egg
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post

Each side sees the other as immoral sociopaths bent on the destruction of everything good. The variables in their moral formulas differ, and what is considered good differs, but the arguments are the same.

I was actually trying to make the point that I don't think Trump supporters are sociopaths (in most cases), but you seemed to be pushing back against calling them ignorant. For many of these issues, there are objective facts, not just value judgments and I know we can't always be certain we have the facts right, but we can be following science, checking the reliability of sources and knowing enough about how things work to recognize conspiracy theories for what they are.

I'm not even getting into QAnon CTs or Biden crime family nonsense here. If someone is downplaying Covid, is there another option than ignorance?

"That's the thing with eggs: It's all about chicks and getting laid." - Wuschel
"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg" - Samuel Butler
“When arguing with a stone an egg is always wrong” - African proverb
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” - Bernard Meltzer
Egg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top