View Single Post
Old 21st November 2020, 08:04 PM   #640
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
That's not how they do it. In those states, you get one vote for getting the highest number of votes in each congressional district, plus 2 votes for the overall highest in the state.
It is still somewhat proportional; at least you can't have that ludicrous situation like you can in most other states where a candidate can win the overall vote in that state by one vote, and he/she gets all the electoral votes for that state

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
And in Maine, it isn't exactly a "highest number of votes". It's a majority, as determined by ranked choice, or instant runoff, rules.
Again, that is still a form of proportionality, and better than winner takes all
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top