View Single Post
Old 12th April 2011, 03:55 PM   #9
Caustic Logic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by little grey rabbit View Post
1. I know what it is about and I gave you an explanation.
2. You said the claim was from prisonplanet, it is not. It is from the official russian TV channel. If prisonplanet reproduces a column from Paul Krugman of the NYTimes, the source remains Paul Krugman and the NYTimes, not Alex Jones.
3. The news item did not say that they were monitoring using satellite photographs, just that they were monitoring using space technology.
4. In the end it comes down to a basis of trust. Do the Russian military have an incentive to lie or more of an incentive than the Western news agencies. Have the western agencies produced anything to back up their claims - given that insurgents clearly have lots and lots of mobile phones capable of taking clips.

If you want to see a crowd of "civilian protesters" using mobile phones to capture atrocities, look no further than here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVukQDXuCSE

Alas, the atrocities they are capturing are their own.
1+2. I meant that's one place it was mentioned. And that in itself is a bad sign. Not sure death by any means - Tarpley and Jones have passed on valid info before. I knew it was from Russian government sources to begin with.

3. Ah. That could make a big difference. To repeat it:
"The news item did not say that they were monitoring using satellite photographs, just that they were monitoring using space technology."

4. I agree these allegations of bombing protesters are questionable,like most of the other reports we get from there. Do the Russians have an incentive to lie? I would presume so, if they were in fact lying. If they say their satellite info disproves something it doesn't, then they're lying. I'm undecided and apparently uninformed just what it is they're talking about. Will need better yet sources that details on what tech was used, and then see if THAT gets debunked.

A few links:
"images from space satellites": http://news-now.org/2011/03/russian-...id-not-happen/

Actually they all seem to be the same article over and over. Doesn't Russia Today or anyone else have a fuller explanation?
Caustic Logic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top