View Single Post
Old 13th April 2011, 08:22 AM   #13
McHrozni
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Caustic Logic View Post
The claim is made around that Russian analysis of satellite images proves there were no government air strikes on protesters in the Libyan uprising's early days. It's not something I buy, partly from seeing people dismiss it here.

I was wondering if I could host this spot for a few sharp posters to assess and debunk this claim, possibly with links that explain why that can't be true? Then there's a place to link to when someone brings it up.

Sorry, no links handy, too late to dig some up. I understand Webster Tarpley (not a good sign) is one of the people making this allegation, in a video from Prison Planet or other Alex Jones show, for one. (saw it earlier today).
Proving the negative is pretty much impossible to begin with, a claim that satelite surveillance of any way was used to prove air strikes didn't happen is an uphill struggle by itself.

That said, how could satelite surveillance be used to disprove airstrikes in the first place? Is there any known mechanism for this? If yes, what is it?

McHrozni
McHrozni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top