Thread: Pandora Papers
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2021, 03:48 PM   #31
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I am glad this is all coming out in the open. I worked in a firm investigating laundered money by organised criminals. The trail took us the Turks and Caicos and Curaco. Getting the funds back to the UK taxpayers - from who it had been stolen by organised tax fraud - was another nightmare as everything was top secret. In the end the courts in these countries were persuaded to freeze the assets and repay the laundered money, which was literally hundreds of millions of pounds. And do you know what? These are the same off-shore banks the world's tax-evading billionaires use. In effect, they are providing shelter for money launderers as well, most of whom have never been apprehended, probably. Why isn't this made transparent? Because the Blairs and the friends of Putin would also have to be transparent.