View Single Post
Old 17th February 2021, 03:09 PM   #2
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
I laid into the support, customer care and contracts staff and gave them an ultimatum. Grovelling ensued.
It always sucks when someone calls in angry about policies you had no input in creating and no authority to change and no standing to even discuss changes with the decision-makers, and you end up having to kiss their ass because they're taking their frustrations out on you and you'll lose your job if you don't succeed in turning your powerlessness into their appeasement.

I'm sure that poor customer service rep and her supervisor really appreciated* you cleverly debating them into silence over a policy question well above their pay grade and outside their department. I'm sure she also really appreciated* being referred to as a "drone".

The Apple TV thing sounds extremely frustrating. But you're allowing your frustration to cause you to act like a dick. Don't act like a dick.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top