View Single Post
Old 19th February 2021, 09:53 AM   #9
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
20 hours of training? It's not the 2000s you know, today the training will be 1hour on how to the CS software if they are lucky!
You're absolutely right! I started doing that type of work in the 2000s. I got stuck romanticizing the past.

Originally Posted by Modified View Post
This is one reason I like temporary credit cards. I'll use a card with a $1 limit for this sort of thing. Same goes for anything with a "free 30 days" or whatever where you must opt out before time is up or be charged. I've forgotten to cancel these sorts of things twice over the years, and they were of course unable to charge the credit card. I've only run into one company that wouldn't take temporary cards. I forget what it was, but I was able to pay through PayPal instead with a temporary card.
This. Is. Genius. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. Best idea I've heard in a long, long time and I thank you for sharing it.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top