View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 04:35 AM   #11
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Please don't take out your anger out on tier 1 tech reps who probably had a total of 20 hours of training to help you. It has nothing to do with them.
If there is no quick and easy escalation path to someone who can actually fix the problem, which was not technical but rather administrative/contractual, then I'm going to bulldoze them. Courtesy is one thing but, frankly, my time is valuable.

You're going to get much further by treating them well, speaking calmly and working with them instead of butting heads or insulting them.
I covered, in about forty seconds, their entire checklist. That actually saved saved time, on both ends, and should have triggered an immediate escalation

[quote=plague311;13400819]
Also, they probably went quiet because, as you stated, there's a ******* law for it.
Well they should understand the law regarding the recording of phone calls.

They don't need to understand it. You asked a question you knew they wouldn't know the answer to in order to showboat you knew about a law. Grats.
No. I informed them that I was also recording the call and that I would have no hesitation in making the inability of Eir to assist their customers public.
More bad publicity for them.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top