View Single Post
Old 24th February 2021, 02:07 AM   #19
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I have 3 or 4 chromecasts in my house and have never had to setup a gmail account or anything to use it. Turn it on, attach it to my WiFi, and I cast VLC from any computer, laptop, or my cell phone from my NAS.

I can't speak for Roku, never had one and, like you with Apple, I've never had any issues with any of my Chromecasts.
You need a Google account for Google TV if you're using it (and your device supports it). Otherwise no it's not necessary.

The Apple TV device requires an AppleID to use and an iTunes account to install PrimeVideo.

BTW thanks to the various support calls my friend has received:
two additional Apple TV boxes
four HDMI cables (of various lengths)
three 'enhanced' (i.e. working) remote controls
two Bluetooth keyboards
one 'air mouse'
We may be having a sale....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top