View Single Post
Old 26th December 2020, 03:50 PM   #224
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Quote:
Trump Tweets

The lockdowns in Democrat run states are absolutely ruining the lives of so many people - Far more than the damage that would be caused by the China Virus. Cases in California have risen despite the lockdown, yet Florida & others are open & doing well. Common sense please!
So he thinks if CA opens up the virus will stop filling up the hospitals?
If he was engaging in any sort of rational thought, he might be thinking "California locked down and they had a lot of Corona deaths anyways, so might as well open it up."

Quote:
Makes me wonder just how FL is doing.

Covid Deaths per 100,000 people (as of Dec22):
Florida: 96 (putting them in the top 20 states)
California: 58 (putting them in the bottom 20 states)
California may have more total deaths, but they also have a lot more population.

Now, it is true that California seems to be having a spike of cases, whereas Florida is flat (or growing slowly). But in the month of December, Florida never had less than 74 total deaths. California's death rate seems to fluctuate much more wildly, but there were days in when they had as few as 61 deaths (despite having roughly twice the population).

Also from: Politico
In Los Angeles, officials have said all along that people were gathering too often. They blamed celebrations and postseason viewing parties when the Dodgers and Lakers won championships this fall....Others have said congregant settings remain a severe concern in a housing-constrained state, especially in low-income communities...The state hasn't employed strict enforcement...But it has no real hammer against people gathering or engaging in everyday social activities, and many local law enforcement agencies have made a point of declaring they will not become the stay-at-home police.

So California is technically under lockdown, but it is a lockdown that is not fully enforced.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top