View Single Post
Old 17th April 2019, 09:23 AM   #28
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Jay, let me be the first to say: please never, ever die. You are a fountain of knowledge.
Thank you, but I'm more a fountain of available time and patience. These are not new concepts, or little-known concepts. Not to make light of your understandable confusion, but these are well-known topics. Sometimes it just takes someone who knows the right way to explain something to dispel that confusion. That person may not have vast knowledge of truth, but his skill lies in having sympathy for and experience with confusion. Having suffered myself as an early student, I recall the particular misconceptions that I had to overcome.

Newton's third law has stood upon a solid foundation for some three hundred years. It tells us how rockets must work, but more importantly it tells us about how so much of the observable universe works. If it suddenly didn't work in this case, that would be very strange indeed.

Quote:
It's just too bad that the OP will ignore you.
...and continue to insist that he's right and that no one can refute him.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top