View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 08:07 AM   #145
Roboramma
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I'm Canadian. We've heard of the Arrow and we still hate everyone over this issue.
Yep.

When I was back in Canada a few weeks ago I went to an museum that has a lot of old military aircraft. They had an Arrow display. Obviously they didn't have an Arrow (I think they've all been destroyed?) but they did have an engine from one. A guy who worked there came over and started telling us about it, and he seemed pretty bitter about the whole affair.

The best part was when he thought that Canada should basically take credit for the Apollo program.

ETA The place (The Canadian Wartime Heritage Museum in Hamilton) is pretty cool. They regularly fly a lot of their aircraft, including a Lancaster that flew missions over Germany in WWII, and it's possible to book a seat on those flights. They also had a plane that dropped paratroopers on D-Day, and again they regularly fly it and take passengers.
"... when people thought the Earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was spherical they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the Earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the Earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
Isaac Asimov

Last edited by Roboramma; 15th May 2019 at 08:24 AM.
Roboramma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top