View Single Post
Old 31st May 2018, 06:57 AM   #49
ahhell
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
I'll place my bet on 100% coyote with the uncommon "black" coloration.
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Depends on the size. Looks large for a coyote. I'm guessing wolf-dog hybrid. Perhaps someone's "pet" that outgrew their ability to manage it.

Multiple "news" sites have said "Dire Wolf". Idiots. Aside from being extinct, those were pretty much huge.
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Denton, Montana is outside of the general distribution range for wolves in that state. This could be an unusual feral domestic dog. The head looks like a dog but the ears are unusually large. It might be a coyote dog hybrid. The color is like a wolf but it doesn't seem to have wolf characteristics.
I don't find the range think particularly compelling, lone wolves have been known to stray quite far in search of a home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OR-7

I bet on coy-dog or coy-wolf, though an oddly colored coyote is not out of the question, I just think the experts would have picked up on that more quickly.

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
It's obviously a chupacabra.
That's just ridiculous, its way to far north.

Edit, I thought dire wolves were much larger than modern species, seems to have been slightly larger but with a larger head relative to body size, and smaller feet and we all know what that means. Probably why it went extinct.

Last edited by ahhell; 31st May 2018 at 07:00 AM.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top