View Single Post
Old 1st July 2021, 03:42 PM   #7
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
I checked out the "Swindled" site.

It. is. HORRIBLE.

I can't emphasize this enough. It is one of the worst designed web sites I've come across in a long time.

NO, we won't give you an easy to peruse list of podcasts we've produced. We're going to force you tap or click on a limited collection of mystery meat icons so you can see what's behind them. For crying out loud ... that's what an HTML <table> is for!

The "Episodes" page is no better. It gives a limited list of episodes and only their titles: no indication what the episode is about. Do I want to see more episodes? Click "More" and wait for their idiot animation to complete ... to give me all of SIXTEEN additional items.

Clicking on the hamburger icon causes the entire page to disappear into a sea of red with four little items on it.

When I used their contact page to let them know my opinion of their site, I got "There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later."

I don't know if the podcast is any good. But their web site is a steaming pile of bovine feces put together by some idiot wanking "designer" who has no freaking clue about usability or user friendliness. Based on that I'm prepared to write off the podcast itself as well.
I checked. You are correct. A true triumph of Form Over Function and terrible form at that. Try the KISS PrincipleWP folks.