View Single Post
Old 11th August 2020, 10:03 PM   #2247
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
The other odd thing is that City Power Johannesburg was founded/incorporated in 2000 and licensed to trade only by 21 Dec 2001.

By my reckoning I’m 10 years younger than PS, yet finished my Engineering degree time at University in 1985.

Perhaps he was a mature-aged student.
Everyone's journey is different. I completed my degree in 1992 because I thought I knew it all, and wandered of into the school of life. That school taught me that I certainly did not know it all. Back to school for me after three lost years thinking I knew better than everyone else. Such is the arrogance of callow youth. To this day, I regret those lost years spent in the idiotic delusion that I was smarter than everyone else.

Lesson learned the hard way, I guess.

Scroll forward a generation, and my eldest is just starting to learn that hard lesson.

Let him learn it the hard way. I need to step back and watch it happen. Painful as it is. I cannot teach him, he has to discover it all of his lonesome. Else the lesson is worthless.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top