View Single Post
Old 19th August 2020, 05:48 AM   #2269
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
The real question should be: Why would you believe the confused anecdotes from a guy living in SA, without any possibility of checking? Do you know he has headaches? No, you don't.

He could claim that aliens with "headache rays" are attacking him and nothing would change.
Yes, it's possible that everything PartSkeptic has ever posted here is a lie. It's possible everything I've ever posted here is a lie. It's possible everything you've ever posted here is a lie. It's possible everything every forum member has ever posted here is a lie. But if you start by assuming that, then it's impossible to have any kind of discussion here at all. Why even read the forum, let alone join it and contribute to it, if that's your starting assumption?

My policy has always been to start by assuming that the people I'm conversing with here are posting in good faith, and only question that assumption when given good reason to do so. PartSkeptic has never given me such reason. However inconsistent, mistaken and even, occasionally, downright delusional what he posts may seem, he has always seemed to me to sincerely believe what he is saying.