View Single Post
Old 27th June 2019, 07:08 AM   #383
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
This in no way means that I will treat any named gender differently than any other in my daily interactions with people.
I'm totally on board with this, and I've said as much before.

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
It is possible to treat transwomen as women for all of your own social and personal purposes while recognizing that the designated gatekeepers of gender/sex-segregated spaces have a difficult and thankless task ahead of them.
It's cool that you strive not to treat women any differently than men in your everyday life, Steve, so say we all. That said, this thread is about the difficult policy choices which must be made in order to maintain, reform, or eliminate existing sex- and/or gender-segregated leagues/institutions/public spaces. It's not enough just to say, hey not my problem. Or rather, it is exactly enough to say that if you don't really hope to address any of the difficult issues which we've been addressing in this thread.
d4m10n is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top